Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Hidayah- did I take it for granted?

Allaah tells us in the Quran, "He guideth whom He will to a Way that is straight" (Al-Baqarah; 142)
We all take many things for granted, like our seeing, our hearing, and all our other senses but what about hidayah? I feel some of us, who are guided by Allaah's immense mercy, take it for granted as well. I did that! How can it be that we, the weak people, who can't do anything except by the will of my Rabb, take hidayah, a big blessing indeed, for granted? Taking hidayah for granted can lead to serious problems. First, we assume EVERYONE is at the same level as I and when I say something, they completely, totally understand it but try to prove me wrong. Second, we assume that only what we think is right because we are guided and others are misguided. Sometimes, when we settle down a little bit, and signs of hypocrisy start to show up in our Ibadah and daily routine, we still think, how can it be that I do this and become a hypocrite, don't you remember I am the guided one. SubhanAllaah, in the past few weeks, I have felt it audhobillah. May Allaah save us all from such.
My goal is to make my primary goal, my first priority my Rabb and not people and things around me. SubhanAllaah, we fear that if 'people' catch us doing something immoral or bad, we'll be humiliated by the embarrasment. What about Allaah, Who hears and sees all that we do? When there is no one, Allaah's ilm is always there. How can then I still proceed with something which I would not normally do infront of other people out of fear? Allah tells us in the Quran: fear Allaah the fear that He is the most deserving of you. Do we follow?
May Allaah Kareem guide us all and keep us all on His path and not let us be of those who took hidayah for granted and thus were misguided after they were guided. Audhobillah!

2 Comments:

At 2:09 AM, Blogger MASS said...

Asalamu aleykum

i have seen those who engaged in deen for a while and then dropped out all of a sudden,,,

of course its not all of a sudden in their hearts but thats what it seems from the outside

hidayah is the greates blessing,, we should ask Allah not deviate our hearts all the time,,,coz of Allah leaves us to our selves we will have no strengh to be on this deen

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Allah's Slave said...

walaykumasalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,
yes, that is the most scariest thing for me. Like subhanAllaah, those who are ignorant and don't know, have an excuse, that 'I didn't know' and what do we have? May Allaah keep us under His protection. Amin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home